Sunday, May 4, 2014

Touched

Found this video clip by accident and when I started listening to the song, it was so moving that I found myself crying despite the fact that I had no clue what the lyrics were about. 

Take a listen without continuing to read the rest of my post or reading the comment section below the youtube video clip and see how it makes you feel.


Funny thing was that this song made me feel like it was being sung to my non-existent children. Like a song of longing for them...it was such a weird feeling, but it was impossible to stop my tears from falling down. 

Then I clicked on another link which included a full video clip of the audition plus the translation. Turned out the singer is an adopted child and he was mourning the loss of his best friends three years ago and then he heard his friend's response in the form of this song. The song is a jojk/joik, a traditional form of Sami singing, but the lyrics have no meaning.

I listened to this song a few times and each time it was impossible not to cry. I've bookmarked it in my youtube songlist so that it's easy for me to find it next time I feel like reaching out to my non-existent children. :-)

Here's the other video clip (full audition) with the translation:

2 comments:

  1. All I can say is WOW. I wasn't sure I would understand it without speaking Swedish but it's amazing powerful without having words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way. :-)

      Delete

THANKS for dropping by and for leaving a comment. :-) I truly appreciate it. :-)